Friday, April 20, 2012

LAST NIGHT


// Volunteer chic. Seriously envious of Ashley's impeccable style all the time. //




// The whole group //


// pretending like I know what I'm doing //




Last night I volunteered at Fashion Remix, a fundraiser that benefits the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, with Ashley. Our job was to walk around selling raffle tickets. My attribute of being non-confrontational was blaring me in the face and I had an anxiety stomachache. Ashley was feeling the same way. It ended up being pretty comical. Gathering up the courage, picking out a person to approach, getting cut off mid sentence & wandering around trying to look purposeful. We did sell a good amount of tickets to old men though, so.. success! And it's for a good cause so I forgave Ashley for roping me into being a salesman. 

On my way home I stopped at JoAnn's randomly & picked up a pattern for a pencil skirt. I started cutting fabric around 10 PM. I seriously have a problem, I don't feel tired at all, I just want to sew & hang out until 1 AM. Then I go to sleep, am out within seconds & can barely wake up the next day. It is a vicious cycle, I am telling you! Anyway, I'm excited about the skirt, I love the fabric. I picked it up at Savers for two bucks. Holler at your girl. 

Have a great weekend everyone!

PS. I'm pretty sure I already talked about the weather this week. But I cannot wait for some more good weather! Bike rides, hikes, yard-sale-ing(?)... I have a lot of plans. 

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha now that I'm looking back it's very comical. We suck. Let's never go into sales together. We'd go out of business the first day. Haha and my style? Serious hair/skirt envy going on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Random stalker comment alert! Haha, ok so I found your blog awhile ago (I forget how) but how fun are you??? Pretty fun I say. Your blog is one of my favs. Hope you don't mind that I pop in every now and again :)

    ReplyDelete

You're so sweet to leave me a li'l message.